Monday, April 4, 2016

My Three Day Trip to D.C.

Hi, let me tell you about my trip to D.C. It started out as a long drive. I was texting my new friend for awhile and I started to get car sick. My Dramamine was in the trunk (I think) so I couldn't take some so we had to take an exit so we could go get me some more at the Travel Mart. So I took some and was on the road again! A couple of hours later, we were at the hotel. My dad was still driving from N.Y (He had to work that day and me and my mom, my sister and my brother came up from Kentucky). We got double rooms but we had to wait one night for the second room because was being rented. The next day, my dad came. We were so excited to see him!!!!! Then after that, we went to the bus stop across the street, we got on the bus, then we got to the Metro Station, we got our cards, and we got on the Metro. It was a long ride and had to make a lot of stops, but we finally, we got to D.C!! We had to do a lot of walking just to go to the zoo! We saw, pandas, elephants, otters, seals, black bears, wolves, and other animals!!! Then we rode a carousal that had a whole bunch of animals that you can ride on. I rode a tiger and my sister rode a panda. Then, we got back on the Metro, then we got on the bus, and got back to the hotel, then we had Macaroni Grill for dinner. The next day was all for museums. Again, we got on the bus, then we got on the Metro, then we walked around D.C. We went to the Air And Space Museum where me and my sister went on a jet simulator were one person flies and the other person shoots. Me and my sister went on. My sister was the pilot and I was the gunner. WE WERE SCREAMING OUR HEADS OFF WHEN WE GOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad was a bit mad because we were the only ones screaming! But I paid the price for it, I didn't puke, but I felt like it!!! We also went to the National History Museum. We saw mammals, my mom, my sister and me went to see the insects, while my brother and my dad went to see the rocks and minerals. So we went and saw live spiders, beetles and bugs! But they were behind glass. We also went to one or two more museums. Then we went back to the hotel and had dinner (I can't remember what we had). The next day we went to Mount Vernon (George Washington's birthplace)! It was so cool!!! We also went to dinner at Cracker Barrel with my Grandma and Grandpa!!! Then we went back to the hotel and went to sleep because the next day the four of us (me, my sister, my mom and my brother) will have to separate from my dad because he has to go to work in N.Y. So the next day we got on the road. On the way back home, we went to Luray Caverns!!! It was HUGE, and cool!!!! Howes Caverns is much smaller. So, we got some souvenirs, and were on the road again. When we were finally home, we were excited to be home. Then we went to sleep.   
  That was my trip to D.C!                                                                                                    

1 comment: